23-25 Mar, 2022 | Diamond Jubilee Hall, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

WHATSAPP +91-7827202718

TO RECEIVE AGROFOOD UPDATES
Book a Stand
Food & Beverage East Africa is a dedicated segment eventin Agrofood East Africa, giving the best opportunity and platform got global food beverage, processed and semi-processed food and raw food and FMCG manufacturers to exhibit and promote their products and introduce their brands, meet and discuss with East African food businesses and industries in Tanzania.
Estimated 30% jump in Tanzanian food imports in 2019 from 2018


900K Tonnes of Wheat demand met from Imports

230K Tones of Rice imported to meet 95% of demand


42% of sugar demand met through imports


Growing middle class with urbanisation key to rising FMCG and Processed food demand
Processed and packed food items, Beverages is 62% of Tanzanian food imports

Edible Oil & fats alone is one-third of the food imports & half of processed food imports

  • The current production of wheat in Tanzania is about 100,000 tons per year accounts for only 10 percent of total domestic consumption with the remaining 90 percent supplied by Russia, Australia, Canada, Germany, and Brazil. Tanzania’s imports wheat worth an estimated $225 million USD per year.
  • 18 percent of farming households grow rice and they consume about 30 percent from their harvest, while the rest is absorbed into the domestic market. Dar es Salaam is the principal end-market for rice and accounts for 60 percent of the domestic market. Currently Tanzania imports rice from China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, and Vietnam. In 2015, the EAC revised the common external tariff (CET) to seventy five percent ad valorem or $345 per ton, whichever is higher.
  • There is sugar demand gap 42% met by about USD 132 million worth imports, primarily Brazil and India. Because Tanzania’s sugar tariff at 10% is lower than the EAC common external tariff of 25-100%.
  • Major agricultural exports include tea, coffee, tobacco, cotton, and cashew nuts. In addition, some farmers raise livestock including cattle, goats, sheep, pigs and chicken as well as small numbers of turkeys, ducks, rabbits, donkeys and horses.
  • A large proportion of the agricultural harvest is lost because farmers cannot get their produce to the market and/or are unable to store their products after harvest. Cold-storage facilities are practically non-existent or subject to unstable electricity supply.


EXHIBIT PROFILE - FOOD & BEVERAGE

BAKERY Bread Biscuits Confectionery Cookies Chocolates, sugar and Sugar Confectionery
EDIBLE OIL, Fats, Cheese, Butter and Dairy
FRUITS & VEGETABLES, Processed and raw fruits and vegetables, Jams, Jelly Ketch ups, Sauce
TEA COFFEE SPICES, Hot Beverages, flavored and non-flavored
JUICES, Soft and Cold beverages, Canned bottled Non-alcoholic beverage syrups, Beverage mixes
CEREALS, Rice, Wheat, Grains, Flours
FOOD INGREDIENTS, Flavors, Preservatives, Essences, Colors, Baking powder
PRESERVATIVES Beverages, Vinegar, Honey
Meat Poultry Eggs Dairy, Edible meat offal
FMCG Snacks, ice creams, Specialty Food, Packed Food.

Contact for more details and participation:

Mr. Thomas James
Project Director
Mob: +91 7827202718
Email: thomas@wegvoraus.com

The Organizer

WegVoraus is a Business Promoter & Exhibition Organizer Headquartered in New Delhi, India. We work for prospect industry sectors to help them reach out to the right target audience as well as deliver business expansion solutions. Read More.